Updates to Calculator
On this page we publish the updates we make to the Milez.biz calculator. Any time we add new data or we change the way the calculator works we will post an update here.
Use the award rate calculator to do a search on any route, or click here if you're looking for suggestions on how to use your miles.
New Singapore Data
The redemption rates for Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer program have changed slightly. Singapore Airlines is now making its suites available through points redemption. First class award tickets must be redeemed to be eligible for the suites. First class redemption rates on the flights with suites have therefore gone up.
Calculate KrisFlyer Singapore - London rates here.
In addition to the Star Alliance partners KrisFlyer members can also redeem flights with a few other airline partners:
- Air India, this adds a vast domestic Indian network for KrisFlyer redemptions, e.g. Mumbai - Bangalore.
- Virgin Atlantic has many flights to the Caribbean from London, which may otherwise not be available as readily to KrisFlyer members. Calculate London - Grenada here.
- Virgin Australia adds many Australian destinations that are not available through the Star Alliance, for example Sydney - Uluru
16 January, 2013
More New Data!
Hainan Airlines Fortune Wings Club has been added to our calculator. The program has distinct rate tables for domestic and international flights. The rates are based on distance flown. An example of a domestic route is Guangzhou to Urumqi. Beijing-Toronto is one of the international routes flown by Hainan Airlines.
The oneworld rates for LANPass members have also been added to the calculator. LANPass oneworld rates are based on distance and every segment is calculated individually. The rates apply to LAN's oneworld partner airlines, for example Madrid - Paris.
21 December, 2012
New Data in the Calculator
We have added some more data to our frequent flyer program award rates calculator:
- Finnair Plus oneworld rates have been added. These rates apply when Finnair Plus members redeem miles on itineraries that include at least two oneworld partner airlines (not including Finnair). Hong Kong to Auckland might be a possible route.
- Air Tahiti Nui's Club Tiare has been added to the system. Air Tahiti Nui operates a few long haul routes from Papeete, for example Papeete - Tokyo (NRT)
- Caribbean Airlines has a few different loyalty programs but they all seem to use the same redemption tables. Most flights originate in Port-of-Spain (Trinidad & Tobago) or Kingston (Jamaica). Miami to Trinidad is an example of an attractive rate.
- Kuwait Airlines Oasis Club members have some good redemption possibilities in the Gulf region. Most flights connect through Kuwait International (KWI).
5 December, 2012
Data Update With New Programs
Our latest data update includes the following new frequent flyer programs:
- Oman Air Sindbad Miles have been added to the calculator. Most flights lead through the Oman Air hub in Muscat. Some low season rates are quite attractive for flights from Europe to Asia, e.g. Frankfurt to Bangkok (via MCT).
- Air Mauritius Kestrelflyer is also new in the system, try e.g. Cape Town - Mauritius.
- The rates for Saga Club from Icelandair can be queried on the system. The Saga Club rates include domestic flights with Air Iceland, for example Reykjavik - Akureyri.
- Redemption rates for Royal Air Brunei Royal Miles are included, most flights lead through the Royal Air Brunei hub in Darussalam. Try for example Jakarta - Brunei Darussalam.
We have also added Iberia Plus' oneworld rates in the calculator, which now brings to five the number of oneworld programs we have in the system. Iberia Plus' oneworld rates do not include British Airways flights as those flights use a different rates table. For an example of oneworld rates try Santiago to Paris.
Finally, we are also starting to collect intel on the taxes and surcharges that need to be paid in the different programs. It's impossible to calculate exact amounts that will be charged for the award flights but we try to give an overview per program in order to give the traveler some general guidance.
19 November, 2012
New oneworld Calculations
We have finally added some more oneworld rates to the calculator, airberlin topbonus and Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles oneworld redemption rates have been added to the calculator. In both of those cases oneworld rates apply only for itineraries involving multiple oneworld carriers. E.g. SYD - BCN
We have also added the topbonus partner rates, which include some non-oneworld airlines as well. These rates are only valid in a single carrier scenario. For example: Berlin - Abu Dhabi
Two more Star Alliance programs have also been added: Royal Thai Orchid and TAP Victoria. TAP has only 7 seven global zones which makes for some very large zones, e.g. all of Latin America (South and Central) or all of Asia.
Delta SkyMiles rates have been updated with the recent changes.
10 September, 2012
Vietnam Airlines and Philippine Airlines Added
We've updated our data once again. Two new programs have been added to the calculator, we have a total of 62 programs in the system now.
- Mabuhay Miles the frequent flyer program from Philippine Airlines has been added. A lot of domestic Filipino routes are available, e.g. Manila - Davao
- Vietnam Airlines frequent flyer program is called Golden Lotus Plus, this adds many domestic Vietnamese routes to the system too, for example Ho Chi Minh - Hanoi
We will add the SkyTeam rates for Vietnamese Airlines as soon as we can find a comprehensive country list for the redemption zones.
- All the rates for Star Alliance's recent new member LifeMiles (Avianca/TACA) have been included in the calculator as well. This adds many new Latin American routes to the Star Alliance calculations.
- Many new transfer calculations have been added as well, amongst others with AmEx India and AmEx Hong Kong
17 August, 2012
Two New Programs Added
Recent new member of the SkyTeam alliance MEA Cedar Miles has been added to our calculator, both Cedar Miles' own rates as well as its SkyTeam rates are included in the calculator, try e.g. Beirut - Paris
We have also added India's Jet Airways JetPrivilege program. The program has different award rates for domestic and international flights, both rate schemes are included in the calculations:
15 July, 2012
We've just added quite a bit of new data to our database so that your calculations and comparisons are even more comprehensive:
- S7 Priority: Both the Optimum and the Priority rates are now included in our database. Try the following route for an example:
St.Petersburg - Novosibirsk
- JAL Mileage Bank: The domestic and international rates have been updated with JALCARD and the Discount redemption options.
E.g. Tokyo (Haneda) - Seoul
- BMI Diamond Club has been reactived, minus the Star Alliance destinations.
- Saudia's Alfursan frequent flyer program has been added to the calculator, including its SkyTeam rates. Saudia also has many domestic routes in Saudi Arabia: Riyadh - Dammam
- SriLankan Airlines FlySmiles frequent flyer program is also new on the system.
13 June, 2012
NEW SUGGESTION FUNCTIONALITY
Many of our users have asked for support in figuring out where their frequent flyer miles may take them. What destinations are within reach with the miles you have diligently accumulated in your program?
Our suggestion engine may be able to provide some answers, go to our to our "where to?" page and enter your information into the suggestion widget. The engine will provide up to five possible destinations based on the frequent flyer program, departure airport and number of points available for the trip.
Start here ...
2 June, 2012
BMI Diamond Club Deactivated
As of today (June 1, 2012) we have deactivated the BMI Diamond Club / Star Alliance in our cross program frequent flyer miles calculator. We will reactivate the program once we have adjusted our data.
The 50% transfer bonus from American Express USA to British Airways Executive Club also ended today.
1 June, 2012