Updates to Calculator
On this page we publish the updates we make to the Milez.biz calculator. Any time we add new data or we change the way the calculator works we will post an update here.
Use the award rate calculator to do a search on any route, or click here if you're looking for suggestions on how to use your miles.
Data Update With New Programs
Our latest data update includes the following new frequent flyer programs:
- Oman Air Sindbad Miles have been added to the calculator. Most flights lead through the Oman Air hub in Muscat. Some low season rates are quite attractive for flights from Europe to Asia, e.g. Frankfurt to Bangkok (via MCT).
- Air Mauritius Kestrelflyer is also new in the system, try e.g. Cape Town - Mauritius.
- The rates for Saga Club from Icelandair can be queried on the system. The Saga Club rates include domestic flights with Air Iceland, for example Reykjavik - Akureyri.
- Redemption rates for Royal Air Brunei Royal Miles are included, most flights lead through the Royal Air Brunei hub in Darussalam. Try for example Jakarta - Brunei Darussalam.
We have also added Iberia Plus' oneworld rates in the calculator, which now brings to five the number of oneworld programs we have in the system. Iberia Plus' oneworld rates do not include British Airways flights as those flights use a different rates table. For an example of oneworld rates try Santiago to Paris.
Finally, we are also starting to collect intel on the taxes and surcharges that need to be paid in the different programs. It's impossible to calculate exact amounts that will be charged for the award flights but we try to give an overview per program in order to give the traveler some general guidance.
19 November, 2012
New oneworld Calculations
We have finally added some more oneworld rates to the calculator, airberlin topbonus and Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles oneworld redemption rates have been added to the calculator. In both of those cases oneworld rates apply only for itineraries involving multiple oneworld carriers. E.g. SYD - BCN
We have also added the topbonus partner rates, which include some non-oneworld airlines as well. These rates are only valid in a single carrier scenario. For example: Berlin - Abu Dhabi
Two more Star Alliance programs have also been added: Royal Thai Orchid and TAP Victoria. TAP has only 7 seven global zones which makes for some very large zones, e.g. all of Latin America (South and Central) or all of Asia.
Delta SkyMiles rates have been updated with the recent changes.
10 September, 2012
Vietnam Airlines and Philippine Airlines Added
We've updated our data once again. Two new programs have been added to the calculator, we have a total of 62 programs in the system now.
- Mabuhay Miles the frequent flyer program from Philippine Airlines has been added. A lot of domestic Filipino routes are available, e.g. Manila - Davao
- Vietnam Airlines frequent flyer program is called Golden Lotus Plus, this adds many domestic Vietnamese routes to the system too, for example Ho Chi Minh - Hanoi
We will add the SkyTeam rates for Vietnamese Airlines as soon as we can find a comprehensive country list for the redemption zones.
- All the rates for Star Alliance's recent new member LifeMiles (Avianca/TACA) have been included in the calculator as well. This adds many new Latin American routes to the Star Alliance calculations.
- Many new transfer calculations have been added as well, amongst others with AmEx India and AmEx Hong Kong
17 August, 2012
Two New Programs Added
Recent new member of the SkyTeam alliance MEA Cedar Miles has been added to our calculator, both Cedar Miles' own rates as well as its SkyTeam rates are included in the calculator, try e.g. Beirut - Paris
We have also added India's Jet Airways JetPrivilege program. The program has different award rates for domestic and international flights, both rate schemes are included in the calculations:
15 July, 2012
We've just added quite a bit of new data to our database so that your calculations and comparisons are even more comprehensive:
- S7 Priority: Both the Optimum and the Priority rates are now included in our database. Try the following route for an example:
St.Petersburg - Novosibirsk
- JAL Mileage Bank: The domestic and international rates have been updated with JALCARD and the Discount redemption options.
E.g. Tokyo (Haneda) - Seoul
- BMI Diamond Club has been reactived, minus the Star Alliance destinations.
- Saudia's Alfursan frequent flyer program has been added to the calculator, including its SkyTeam rates. Saudia also has many domestic routes in Saudi Arabia: Riyadh - Dammam
- SriLankan Airlines FlySmiles frequent flyer program is also new on the system.
13 June, 2012
NEW SUGGESTION FUNCTIONALITY
Many of our users have asked for support in figuring out where their frequent flyer miles may take them. What destinations are within reach with the miles you have diligently accumulated in your program?
Our suggestion engine may be able to provide some answers, go to our to our "where to?" page and enter your information into the suggestion widget. The engine will provide up to five possible destinations based on the frequent flyer program, departure airport and number of points available for the trip.
Start here ...
2 June, 2012
BMI Diamond Club Deactivated
As of today (June 1, 2012) we have deactivated the BMI Diamond Club / Star Alliance in our cross program frequent flyer miles calculator. We will reactivate the program once we have adjusted our data.
The 50% transfer bonus from American Express USA to British Airways Executive Club also ended today.
1 June, 2012
Air China PhoenixMiles Added
All three different rate schemes for Air China's PhoenixMiles have been added to the Milez calculator: domestic rates, international rates and Star Alliance rates. Air China, Shenzhen Airlines and Shandong Airlines destinations are included in the system.
Now you can finally figure out how many miles it will cost to fly to North Korea :)
Click here for Beijing to Pyongyang award rates
All the AeroMexico Club Premier rates have also been brought up to date.
15 May, 2012
BalticMiles and Gulf Air Falconflyer Added
The recipient of the recent Freddy Awards for best elite program (airlines) BalticMiles and Gulf Air's Falconflyer have been added to our calculator. BalticMiles are calculates through the BalticAir hub in Riga, there are some low cost options in Northern Europe: Riga (RIX) - St.Petersburg (LED)
Gulf Air's flights and award rates are calculated through Bahrain, e.g. Bahrain (BAH) - Nairobi (NBO) is only 18,000 miles (r/t economy).
We have also updated EuroBonus award rates which changed effective today. Domestic rates in the Nordic region are a change of note:
Oslo - Bergen
Three more American Express transfer programs (Italy, Austria and the Netherlands) have been added to our transfer rates calculator.
4 May, 2012
More Hotel Programs Added
Most major hotel loyalty programs have now been added to our calculator. For every flight that you call up you can click on the "transfer rates" button to see how many points need to be converted from a partner program to redeeem that particular flight.
For example, click here to see the transfer rates for an award flight from JFK to LHR with AAdvantage.
30 April, 2012