Updates to Calculator
JAL international rates
JAL has also introduced Award Ticket PLUS fares. These fares represent the ceiling for a given itinerary. We have included those numbers in our calculator as well.
10 September, 2019
JAL domestic rates and zones
We have added the business class rates to our JAL Mileage Bank calculator for domestic redemptions. We have also added a number of routes, that were previously not available on our calculator.
For example: Sapporo Okadama Airport to Rishiri Island.
9 September, 2019
TAP Frequent Flyer Rates Are Up-To-Date
The TAP frequent flyer program (no longer called TAP Victoria, but TAP Miles&Go) has had frequent rate changes recently. The latest ones affect the award rates for flights on TAP flights. For example, domestic flights in Portugal can be redeemed for as little as 6,500 miles round trip:
- Tokyo to Johannesburg in Economy (round trip) can be redeemed for 70,000 miles.
- Whereas Beijing to Nairobi (as an example) will be 90,000 miles in economy.
6 September, 2019
AeroMexico Club Premier Update
We have just added the most recent Club Premier SkyTeam rates. AeroMexico Club Premier members can now choose to redeem during high and/or low season. High season redemption rates are about 10-20% higher.
The SkyTeam rates and the rates for AeroMexico's own flights are now the same so that all awards rates are covered by the same calculator.
2 September, 2019
British Airways Executive Club Calculator
- Alaskan Airlines
- Air Italy
- American Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- Qatar Airways
- SriLankan Airlines
- Royal Jordanian Airlines
Award tickets on all of these carriers have been devaluated a little bit.
London Heathrow to JFK
16 July, 2019
Small JAL oneworld Adjustment
Japan Airlines oneworld recently updated its chart with a small adjustment. This change is reflected in the milez.biz calculations.
To see the difference to the previous chart see here: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/partner_air/oneworld/miles.html
15 May, 2019
Hawaiian Sudden Devaluation
Hawaiian Airlines changed its award rates without warning a short while ago. The changes include the following main points:
- The award rates are priced on a spectrum, from a minimum rate to a maximum rate, and there are fewer award categories (the milez.biz calculator results show the lowest and highest rates).
- There is a significant spike in redemption rates, especially if you're traveling from the East Coast or your award ticket is in the higher band of the rate spectrum.
- North America is now divided into two zones an Eastern zone (New York and Boston) and a Western zone (all the Hawaiian Airlines West Coast destinations).
13 May, 2019
Miles & More Rates Change Today
The Miles & More miles award rates are going through a devaluation today (May 9, 2019). Economy class redemptions stay mostly the same but business and first class award rates see a 4-7% increase in miles needed.
9 May, 2019
Alaska Update Part II
- Hainan Airlines: Hainan is a Chinese airline, flights across the Pacific and within Asia can be redeemed.
8 May, 2019
Alaska Update Part I
3 May, 2019